Thanks to everyone that participated! The committee had a blast (a tad chilly, but a blast) bringing this event to the area! Funds from the run will be used to cover expenses, any remaining funds will be discussed at the recap meeting at the end of September. Depending on the amount of the funds left over, proceeds may go to planning another fun run and/or be donated to local organizations!
This family friendly event will take place Sunday, September 10th. It is open to those who wish to run or walk. There are 2 start times; 8:30 am and 9:30 am. Check in begins half hour prior to each heat. No onsite registrations will be accepted, registration closes on September 4th!
Adults (13+ years), Youth (7-12 years) will receive a white Coloured in Fun t-shirt and sunglasses for the run. Children (0-6 years) will receive a pair of sunglasses.
A Run Guide will be sent out to participants a week before the event. It will contain information on check in times, location, the course you will be running, etc.
A HUGE thank you to our local volunteers, Town of Manning and County of Northern Lights for their assistance in helping bring this fabulous event to our area!
Somethings to keep in mind:
- This is a family friendly run, open to those of all ages! The route is on a gravel road, please keep this in mind.
- Coloured powder will be thrown at participants, we suggest that you wear old clothing, and children in strollers will be required to have a stroller cover.
- We love pets, but unfortunately, we will not be permitting pets on the run.
- Sign in will be held at the rear parking of the Nova Inn in Manning on 3rd Street.
- Parking will be limited at the check in location, please car pool if possible.
- Waivers must be signed to participate.
- Children & Youth under 16 years are required to have a parent/guardian with them.
- We're sorry, but there will be no registration refunds, even if the event is cancelled due to unsafe conditions.
- Participants under the age of 18 will require parental consent and waivers signed to participate.
- Bring a towel or sheet to put on your vehicle seats after the run is over.
- No glass water bottles please.
- Drugs and alcohol will not be permitted.
Is this a fundraising event? No, it's just a fun run for people to enjoy, get outdoors and be active! Funds from the run will go to cover the cost of the event. If there any funds left over, the committee will discuss options for fund dispersement to local organizations and/or keeping funds for a future fun run type event.
Is there a minimum number of participants required? Yes, in order to keep the event going, we will need a minimum of 100 people registered.
Is there a maximum number of participants allowed? Yes, there is a total ticket sales cap of 250. Tickets catagories are also broken down into maximum tickets for each heat; Adult (80 tickets), Youth (35 tickets) and Child (10 tickets).
Does my child or youth require a parent or guardian for the run? Yes, anyone under 16 is required to have a parent or guardian with them for the run.
Is this an offical timed run? No, we won't be timing you, but because of road closures in residential areas, you will have until 11:30 am to complete the course and get covered in colour!
What is the coloured powder made of, and is it safe? The colour powder is made of corn starch and FD&C and/or D&C colors. The color used to dye the powder is approved for use in foods, cosmetics and/or drugs. These products are not considered hazardous or toxic.