Step inside this beautiful old building and enjoy a journey back in time. Note the handmade pews reminiscent of another era. The wood heater and the Coleman lamps have been replace by natural gas and electricity but the furnishings are the same as on opening day. August 19th, 1932.
Everyone Welcome! Come and see the old log Church which has held regular Church services for the past 85 years and enjoy an afternoon of food, fellowship and music.
A Brief History of Strang Church: During the grim years of the Great Depression, many people came into the North Peace area searching for a place to call home. They came from all over: the dried out prairie's, the USA, Europe and Britain for here they could homestead virgin land for just ten dollars and a dream. As they laboured to build homes and clear the land uppermost in their minds was the desire to build a place to worship God. In 1931 they petitioned Rev. W. G Brown, Moderator of the Presbyterian Church at the time, for a church worker. The answer was; Dr. Margaret Strang who rode into Dixonville on her tall horse and stayed to care for the medical and spiritual needs of the pioneers. 85 years ago community effort built Strang Church.