There's no denying it. Winter arrives and you will have to shovel snow a few times through out the season. Read these tips on how to shovel snow safely.
- Warm Up. Shoveling is one form of excerise, it's a good idea to limber up before you begin.
- Layers. Dress in thin layers to avoid over heating.
- Don't Rush. Give yourself time to shovel, rushing can lead to injuries.
- Take a break. Taking a moment to breathe is a good idea. Especially when the snow is wet and heavy.
- Push, Don't Throw. Push snow away from sidewalks and walkways, don't lift and throw.
- Bend Those Knees. If you do have to throw snow,let your knees do the work, not your back.
- Avoid Sudden Twists and Turns. Don't twist or turn your upper half while shoveling.
- Keep Up With The Snow. Avoid letting snow accumulate to more than you can physically handle. Shovel through the snowfall, not when it's stopped.
Posted on November 15, 2017