There's no denying it. Winter arrives and you will have to shovel snow a few times through out the season. Read these tips on how to shovel snow safely.
- Warm Up. Shoveling is one form of excerise, it's a good idea to limber up before you begin.
- Layers. Dress in thin layers to avoid over heating.
- Don't Rush. Give yourself time to shovel, rushing can lead to injuries.
- Take a break. Taking a moment to breathe is a good idea. Especially when the snow is wet and heavy.
- Push, Don't Throw. Push snow away from sidewalks and walkways, don't lift and throw.
- Bend Those Knees. If you do have to throw snow,let your knees do the work, not your back.
- Avoid Sudden Twists and Turns. Don't twist or turn your upper half while shoveling.
- Keep Up With The Snow. Avoid letting snow accumulate to more than you can physically handle. Shovel through the snowfall, not when it's stopped.
Posted on November 15, 2017
Be the First to Know
Check our News page often or follow our social pages to be the first to know
about County of Northern Lights events, community news and information.